Sunday, March 28, 2010

Julie, Julia, Pauline and Janson

Wow, another post. I know my vast readership is amazed. All two of you! I have been wanting to post about something I have been working on. I was inspired by two things, my grandson and the movie "Julie and Julia".

At Christmas, Jason and Britt gave us the cutest cookbook with their favorite recipes and the most darling pictures of my sweet grandson, Janson. I decided that just like Julie cooks every recipe in Julia Child's cookbook, I would cook every recipe in Jason and Brittany's cookbook. I knew the recipes would be good, but my real motivation was probably getting the chance to look at Janson's pictures as much as possible.

I have made most of the recipes. Started in December when we made the pizzas for Kevin's birthday and the latest attempt was when I made the Pasta Milano this week for dinner. YUM! Still have a few more to go, mostly desserts, which we are trying to cut back on, but I just may have to sacrifice to finish my project. :) Maybe my visiting teachees and neighbors will benefit. The one that is worrying me the most is the sauce to go on fish (no explanation necessary for anyone that knows me at all).

I love to get yummy recipes from my kids. Katy and Lauren have given me yummy recipes too. (Just shared Lauren's Chicken Zucchini salad recipe with a friend.) Oh family and food. Just love em!

1 comment:

peterfam said...

Cool! that is a great gift! You should put your favorite (easy) recopies on here. I am always looking for new, easy dinners.